Sunday, June 06, 2010

Old favourites and new tales

After my Agatha Christie phase, I decided to revert to some old favourites, so I read some JK Rowling, some Anne Tyler, and of course, Alice Hoffman. And then I bought The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman. I haven't managed to finish it though. The subject matter makes me sad, but that is a personal opinion. It is just as well written as all her books and I hope to finish it one day. We went to see Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap last week at St Martin's Theatre, Covent Garden, London, and it was superb! Really enjoyable, and we had great fun trying to guess who the murderer was, and of course, we were completely wrong! The theatre was gorgeous too. Anyway, that play spurred me on to return to Agatha Christie, and I picked up my favourite so far: Death in the Clouds. It was fantastic. So many twists and turns, yet again, I did not guess who the murderer was, although I suspected practically every character in the story. It was hugely enjoyable. I was going to get another one, but I spotted The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner and quickly grabbed it. I will let you know what I think in my next blog!