Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Labyrinth

I have just finished Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. I really enjoyed it, but I have a question for anyone else who has read it. What happened to Shelagh and who was she in the historic part of the book? Unless... was she Rixende? Please let me know. The web-site for the book is really great: http://www.mosselabyrinth.co.uk/, particularly for authors. It is well worth a look. Also for historians. I have been to Carcassonne once, and I really want to go again now, just to visit all these places. However, I imagine the book will generate a lot of extra tourism, because it is so exquisitely described. Now I have to find something else to read. The new Kazuo Ishiguro looks good, but I also have a book of short stories by LM Montgomery, who wrote Anne of Green Gables, and a children's book by Rumer Godden. Oxfam bookshops really are the best for finding these treasures!