Thursday, February 09, 2006

Harry Potter

When Harry Potter first came out, I couldn't understand the fuss at all. I tried reading them, but I just couldn't get into them. I have seen the films and I loved them. During the last Christmas holidays, I decided to have another go at reading the books. I was completely hooked and have read all of them now, hence my neglect at updating this blog. I am now desperately looking for a book that will grip me as much as these have. The characters and the creatures are fantastic and I managed to escape into a lovely, magical world. I usually prefer the book to the film, but with Harry Potter, I like them both equally, and am looking forward to the next instalment. J K Rowling's website is also definitely worth looking at. It is absolutely superbly designed and great fun to explore. Another one of my favourite books is Neverending Story by Michael Ende. Again, the film is excellent, but so is the book, which is much deeper and darker. If anyone can recommend a good book, in this style, with goblins, magic, fairies and brownies, etc please let me know!