Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scary mysteries

Because Waterstones have stopped their 3 for 2, we decided to give Daunt Books a try. I love going to Daunt, but they don't have any bargains. However, we went to the branch in Marylebone High Street and had a lovely time browsing, and I eventually chose two Agatha Christies. The lady who served me was just so lovely, and I am looking forward to shopping there again. Anyway, I have finished Sleeping Murder, and it had me gripped and terrified to the end. I have to admit, I did guess the murderer early on, but as it was getting to the end of the story, just before the murderer was officially unveiled, I had completely decided that it was someone completely different, in fact one of three other professionals. So, once again, Agatha Christie has completely surpassed herself. It is a great read, so many twists and turns, and quite nail-biting. I am really looking forward to my other one now!