Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's been a while!

Although I haven't blogged, I have been reading, some repeats - Twilight and Chalet School. But I have also been downloading to my Kindle and the latest book I have read is The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen (or Addison Lee as I keep on referring to her). It is a gorgeous book as all of hers are. They remind me of Alice Hoffman, but they are gentler, but still so magical. And this one was no different. It is a beautiful story of love and acceptance and focuses around Emily, a young adult whose mother has recently died. She has to move back to the town where her mother comes from to live with her grandfather who is over 7ft tall. The story describes how she fits in and how she learns more about her mother than she ever knew. There is so much more to this story, but I don't want to give it away, but it is a nice read, with lovely descriptions, and magical cakes that have the power to bring people back.