Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas holidays - reading time at last!

Well, Christmas is upon us, and I have been enjoying the time in front of a cosy fire and lots of good books. I read The Way Men Act, an ironic tale about relationships, by one of my new favourite authors, Elinor Lipman. It was a fun story with lots of diverse characters, focusing on one lady who was convinced that men had a particular way of acting, while actually, she was the one making things complicated. Nice story though, although still not replacing my favourite. I have the Tales of Beedle and Bard and Magic, on the sideline, but in the meantime, I am so engrossed in Twilight, that I am about to rush out and buy the sequel. I haven't seen the film, and I cannot imagine how it will translate, but it is beautiful. So sensitive, but thrilling, so sensuous, while maintaining the innocence of two "young" lovers. It is breath-taking, and I have been struggling to put it down, only doing so because otherwise my in-laws will think me extremely rude :-)